MVA Hours, Locations, and Service Information
Services - Provides a complete range of MVA services.
Kiosk Services - The services available at the kiosk are:
- Vehicle Registration Renewal (sticker delivered at kiosk)
- Non-Commercial Drivers License Renewal (Drivers License will be mailed to address on record)
- ID Card Renewal (ID Card will be mailed to address on record)
- Request Driving Records
- Request Replacement Title
- VEIP Extension
- Duplicate/additional registration cards (card delivered at kiosk)
- Order plates (Agricultural, Chesapeake Bay, Personalized & Standard)
- Pay Administrative Flag fees
- Request County Pride sticker
- PIN Management
- Temporary Registration (delivered at kiosk)
- Substitute Sticker (delivered at kiosk)
- Email Management
- Emergency Contact
Hours - Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm for all services and every Saturday 8:30am to noon for Driver's License Services only. This MVA office is closed every Sunday and on the following holidays and service reduction days.
Driver's Road Tests - Driver's Road Tests are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment click here for the MVA Central Scheduling System or you can visit the office location where you want to take the test and schedule an appointment.
Customer Complaints - If you have any complaints or customer service problems with the Essex office please contact Virginia Colon, District Manager, at 410-768-7000 (or 1-800-492-4575 TTY for the Hearing Impaired).